Bulgaria Has Worst Waste Management in Europe
Bulgaria is ranked last in Europe on the waste management criteria, the Bulgarian Minister of Environment Nora Karadzhova has announced.
On Thursday, she cited data from the "European Environment - Trends and Prospects 2010" report, according to which Bulgaria deals worst with its waste management in comparison with 32 countries - EU member states and countries from the Western Balkans.
In Bulgaria, 90% of the waste is being deposited without being recycled. In comparison, Switzerland has reached the impressive 0%.
On the other hand, Bulgaria has been ranked among the best in the implementation of biological diversity policies and inclusion of new Natura 2000 territories.
- » A New Rise in Water Is Expected in Venice
- » 5.2 Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Bali
- » Italy Announced a National State of Emergency due to the Catastrophic Flood in Venice
- » 7.4-Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in Indonesia, a Tsunami Warning Was Issued
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny with Maximum Temperatures of 16C to 21C.
- » The Netherlands Cuts Speed Limit on Motorways to 100 km / h