Bulgaria Has Worst Waste Management in Europe
Bulgaria is ranked last in Europe on the waste management criteria, the Bulgarian Minister of Environment Nora Karadzhova has announced.
On Thursday, she cited data from the "European Environment - Trends and Prospects 2010" report, according to which Bulgaria deals worst with its waste management in comparison with 32 countries - EU member states and countries from the Western Balkans.
In Bulgaria, 90% of the waste is being deposited without being recycled. In comparison, Switzerland has reached the impressive 0%.
On the other hand, Bulgaria has been ranked among the best in the implementation of biological diversity policies and inclusion of new Natura 2000 territories.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects
- » Two Dozen Green Turtles Rescued from Poachers in Bali
- » Forest Fires Near Marseille, Thousands Evacuated
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Bulgaria Does Not Import Radioactive Waste According to the Minister of Environment and Water