Bulgaria Has Worst Waste Management in Europe
Bulgaria is ranked last in Europe on the waste management criteria, the Bulgarian Minister of Environment Nora Karadzhova has announced.
On Thursday, she cited data from the "European Environment - Trends and Prospects 2010" report, according to which Bulgaria deals worst with its waste management in comparison with 32 countries - EU member states and countries from the Western Balkans.
In Bulgaria, 90% of the waste is being deposited without being recycled. In comparison, Switzerland has reached the impressive 0%.
On the other hand, Bulgaria has been ranked among the best in the implementation of biological diversity policies and inclusion of new Natura 2000 territories.
- » Тhis Summer Was the Hottest on Record in the Northern Hemisphere
- » Neno Dimov: Less than 3% of the Imported Waste in 2018 Is Burned in TPPs
- » The Ozone Hole over Antarctica - the Smallest in almost 30 Years!
- » It Will be Sunny Again Today, with Highs Between 29C and 34C
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria