Bulgarians Unsure about New Year's Weather
Due to the extremely dynamically changing weather, forcasters in Bulgaria are for the time being uncertain about the weather on New Year's Eve and Day.
Christmas 2010 has been marked by an exceptionally warm ambiance, with the temperature topping 20 C in Veliko Tarnovo. Temperature records were noted all accross the country.
In the western parts of the country, Chrismas Eve was the time of a quasi-summer storm, complete with thunder and lightning galore, which is quite unusuall for fall and winter in Bulgaria.
Forecasters from the National Institute of Meteorology at the Bulgarian Academy of Science say that winter will return Monday and Tuesday, with highs and lows around freezing accross the country. The cooling down has already begun Sunday, with snow expected to come from the west.
The cold weather is predicted to stay Wednesday and Thursday, while forecasters think that it might warm up again around Friday.
Nevertheless, they are still highly conditional regarding the forecast for the end of the week, saying the weather might change swiftly and the changes might come not as predicted.
- » Luxembourg Becomes the First Country in the World with Free Public Transport
- » A 6.2 Magnitude Earthquake Shook Indonesia's Tanimbar Region
- » Weather Forecast: Highs between 16C and 21C
- » Weather Forecast: Sunny and Warm
- » A Code Yellow Warning for Strong Winds Issued for all Bulgarian Regions
- » Another Earthquake in Turkey