Bulgarians Unsure about New Year's Weather
Due to the extremely dynamically changing weather, forcasters in Bulgaria are for the time being uncertain about the weather on New Year's Eve and Day.
Christmas 2010 has been marked by an exceptionally warm ambiance, with the temperature topping 20 C in Veliko Tarnovo. Temperature records were noted all accross the country.
In the western parts of the country, Chrismas Eve was the time of a quasi-summer storm, complete with thunder and lightning galore, which is quite unusuall for fall and winter in Bulgaria.
Forecasters from the National Institute of Meteorology at the Bulgarian Academy of Science say that winter will return Monday and Tuesday, with highs and lows around freezing accross the country. The cooling down has already begun Sunday, with snow expected to come from the west.
The cold weather is predicted to stay Wednesday and Thursday, while forecasters think that it might warm up again around Friday.
Nevertheless, they are still highly conditional regarding the forecast for the end of the week, saying the weather might change swiftly and the changes might come not as predicted.
- » Тhis Summer Was the Hottest on Record in the Northern Hemisphere
- » Neno Dimov: Less than 3% of the Imported Waste in 2018 Is Burned in TPPs
- » The Ozone Hole over Antarctica - the Smallest in almost 30 Years!
- » It Will be Sunny Again Today, with Highs Between 29C and 34C
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria