Heavy Snow Freezes Transport in Western Europe
Air, road and railway transport across Western and Northern Europe has been disrupted by heavy snowfall and freezing cold.
Major European airports such as Edinburgh, London's Gatwick, Lyon-bron in France, and Geneva, were closed, and the flights to and from Germany's Frankfurt were also affected by the inclement weather. Air traffic in Spain was also disrupted.
The UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Poland have all been hit by the freezing cold. The snow and the cold also caused massive delays of trains and buses around the western and northern parts of the continent.
Eight men have been found frozen to death in Poland, with the temperatures dropping to -26 degrees Celsius.
At the same time, Northern Italy has seen downpours of rain and large-scale floods.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 15: Mostly Sunny Today
- » Inspection of the Bulgarian Minister of Agriculture Whether Unauthorized Plant Protection is being Used
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 14: Cool in the Morning. Warm in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 13: Cloudy Windy Monday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warm and Windy Sunday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend