Heavy Snow Freezes Transport in Western Europe
Air, road and railway transport across Western and Northern Europe has been disrupted by heavy snowfall and freezing cold.
Major European airports such as Edinburgh, London's Gatwick, Lyon-bron in France, and Geneva, were closed, and the flights to and from Germany's Frankfurt were also affected by the inclement weather. Air traffic in Spain was also disrupted.
The UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Poland have all been hit by the freezing cold. The snow and the cold also caused massive delays of trains and buses around the western and northern parts of the continent.
Eight men have been found frozen to death in Poland, with the temperatures dropping to -26 degrees Celsius.
At the same time, Northern Italy has seen downpours of rain and large-scale floods.
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Highs between 16°C and 21°C
- » Variable Clouds to Sunny Spells over most of Bulgaria this Morning
- » Cloudy Day with Rain in Many Places in Bulgaria, Highs between 12-17°C
- » Considerable Cloudiness Across most of Bulgaria, Rain in some Places in the Afternoon
- » Wild Animals have Eaten Pelican Eggs in "Srebarna" Nature Reserve
- » Fake Sports Goods Detained at Varna West Port