Bulgaria Breaks Heat Records First November Weekend
Bulgaria is enjoying one of the warmest November weekends ever, after overa dozen locations registered temperature records on Friday-Sunday.
The highest temperature for Sunday was registered at Pazardzhik at 25 degrees Centigrade, reports, the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS).
A record was also set at Bulgaria's highest point, the Mussala peak in the Rila Mountains (2925m asl), at 6 C.
Friday a record temperature was registered in the second largest city of Plovdiv with 26.6 degrees Celsius. A number of over-25 C degrees locations were reported Saturday.
While the coming week is forecasted to keep temperatures well above average for November, they will still fall with a couple of degrees across the country, as occasional rains will set in.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Poachers Killed One of the Rarest Birds in Bulgaria
- » Two People Have Been Infected With COVID-19 by a Mink
- » Bulgarian State Railways Signed a Contract with Siemens
- » Lake Varna: Tons of Dead Fish at the Shore, What is the Reason?
- » The Sun Has Not Been This Quiet Since the Ice Age
- » Emergency Declared in Michigan - Two Dams Have Breached