Bulgaria Breaks Heat Records First November Weekend
Bulgaria is enjoying one of the warmest November weekends ever, after overa dozen locations registered temperature records on Friday-Sunday.
The highest temperature for Sunday was registered at Pazardzhik at 25 degrees Centigrade, reports, the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS).
A record was also set at Bulgaria's highest point, the Mussala peak in the Rila Mountains (2925m asl), at 6 C.
Friday a record temperature was registered in the second largest city of Plovdiv with 26.6 degrees Celsius. A number of over-25 C degrees locations were reported Saturday.
While the coming week is forecasted to keep temperatures well above average for November, they will still fall with a couple of degrees across the country, as occasional rains will set in.
- » Two Powerful Earthquakes in Albania - There Are Injured People and Material Damages
- » Day without Cars: Parts of Major Cities in Bulgaria Are Closed for Cars
- » Millions of People Around the World Have Joined the Global Climate Strike
- » Fire Burned Dozens of Decares of Forests near Vidin
- » We Celebrate the Night of the Bats
- » Rain in the Southeast Part of Bulgaria Before Noon, Temperatures Between 20C and 23C