40% Fewer New Cars Sold in Bulgaria in 2010 Q1-Q3
The number of new cars sold on the Bulgarian in the first nine months of 2010 declined by almost 40% year-on-year.
According to the Association of Car Producers and Importers, a total of 13 189 new cars were sold in Bulgaria in January-September compared with 20 729 in the first three quarters of 2009.
Toyota was the most popular brand on the Bulgarian market of new cars in that period with 1 450 sales, followed by Ford – 1 262, Volkswagen – 1 172, Peugeot – 1 032, Dacia – 912, Citroen – 826.
Saab and Lancia sold only five vehicles each, Piaggio and Cadillac – two each, while Corvette and Hammer made zero sales.
After the economic crisis kicked in 2008, Bulgaria's market of new vehicles collapsed by some 50%.
2008 marked the strongest year of all time for the market of new cars in Bulgaria with 57 927 sales, up from 55 336 in 2007. In 2009, however, the sales slumped to 26 813.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Business Climate in Bulgaria is Deteriorating, Retail is Suffering the Most
- » Bulgaria’s “Kozloduy” NPP reports a record BGN 717.5 Million Profit for the First Nine Months
- » Bansko is Preparing for the Winter Season
- » Two-Way Flight Sofia-Ruse for BGN 60-70 after February 2022
- » Vital Questions to Ask Before Buying Bitcoin
- » Bulgarian Government Negotiations: Health Care Reform is Needed