Anastas Anastasov Elected Deputy Speaker of Bulgarian Parliament
The Members of the Bulgarian Parliament elected Wednesday the Head of the Internal Affairs Parliamentary Committee, Anastas Anastasov, Deputy Speaker of the Parliament.
Anastasov replaces Lachezar Ivanov, also from the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB) party, who resigned after being involved in a scandal where he was accused of trying to pressure a TV reporter to halt a broadcast about the properties and the wealth of a friend of his – a Customs agent.
Ivanov also vacated the post of Chair of the Parliamentary Health Committee, and was replaced by Desislava Ivanova, while Genoveva Aleksieva became the same Committee’s Deputy Chair, following another resignation – of GERB MP, Plamen Tsekov. Tsekov, along with the Chair of the Committee on EU Funds, Svetlin Tanchev, were involved in a scandal over the notorious “lobbyist” amendment to the Drug Substances Act, which would liberalize the rules about advertisements including pictures of illegal drugs. Tanchev was replaced Wednesday by Monica Panayotova.
Anastasov said his election as Deputy Speaker of the Parliament is a recognition for his hard work over the last year. He will lead a parliamentary session for the first time Friday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend