Bulgarian Democrats to Pressure Cabinet over State Lands
Bulgarian center-right Democrats for Strong Bulgaria (DSB) will exert unrelenting pressure the country's GERB cabinet to resolve outstanding cases in which state-owned lands and properties have been illegally handed to private individuals.
This was announced Monday by Ekaterina Mihaylova, vice-chair of DSB and deputy speaker of the Bulgarian parliament, who said that DSB would officially address questions on that matter to PM Boyko Borisov for parliamentary question time.
The statement comes as a continuation of rising pressure and criticism toward the GERB cabinet on the part of the generally supportive fellow center-right Blue Coalition. Recently the Union of Democratic Forces - the other party in the Blue Coalition - voiced vigorous criticisms of the cabinet's fiscal policies.
Mihaylova was referring in particular to the notorious case about land from Varna's Seaside Park handed to private investors, as well as to the long-drawn saga with the property of former Bulgarian Tsar Simeon Saxe-Coburg, who served as PM of Bulgaria 2001-2005.
The democrat deputy speaker characterized as “inadmissible” comments by Bulgarian regional development minister Rossen Plevneliev to the effect that the state has too little financial resources to launch lawsuits in order to bring back its lands.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: GERB Returns Mandate, Fails to Form Government
- » Sofia Central Heating Company Wants 15-Percent Price Rise from July
- » Bulgaria: Prosecutor General Obliged to Report to Parliamentary Legal Committee Every Three Months
- » Parliament Imposed Moratorium on Decisions of Outgoing Cabinet
- » Bulgaria's New Parliament Votes Moratorium on Decisions of Outgoing Government
- » Bulgaria: Health Minister Insists That MPs Should Nominate New Reps for NOHQ