Bulgaria's Economy Minister to Check Largest Energy Consumers
Bulgaria's Economy, Energy and Tourism Minister, Traicho Traikov, has announced the beginning of his tour among the country's enterprises, which are the biggest consumers of natural gas and electricity.
With this tour the minister will try to have a better understanding of the conditions in the enterprises, the reflection of the prices on their productivity and the possibilities for optimizing their expenses, the Energy Ministry said.
The news about the tour comes days after the State Commission on Water and Energy Regulation (DKEVR) officially announced that the price of natural gas sold in Bulgaria will go up by 24.63% from July 1.
In the next three months, the price for 1000 cubic meters of gas will be BGN 542.50, compared to the current price of BGN 435.30 for 1000 cubic meters.
The increase in the price of electricity is different for different power distribution companies. For customers of CEZ, which services Western Bulgaria, it will be 1.88%; for E.ON customers (North-Eastern Bulgaria); for EVN customers (South-East Bulgaria) - 1.39%.
The first part of Traikov's tour will be Thursday and Friday in the Bulgarian cities of Varna, Devnya, Targovishte, Razgrad, Pleven and Zlatna Panega.
- » Bulgaria will Open Talks with Gazprom on Reducing the Price of Natural Gas
- » Bulgarian Energy Regulator: We are Inspectig the Deal between CEZ and Eurohold
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Electricity Company Resigned
- » The Ministry of Energy and the KEWR Support the Creation of a Natural Gas Exchange in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister Will Attend a High-Level Energy Summit in Belgrade
- » First American Liquefied Gas for Bulgaria