American College in Sofia Boasts Highest Matriculation Scores
Seniors from the American College in Bulgaria's capital Sofia have the highest average results in the country from the State high-school exit exam, according to data from the Education Ministry, presented Friday.
The ranking of the top 10 schools is done for the third year in a row with 8 schools being included for the third time.
The American College is followed by the Spanish Language High School, the 91st German Language High School, the National High School for Ancient Languages and Culture, and the 73rd School, all in Sofia.
On average, students from specialized high schools have the highest score, followed by those in Art schools.
The State administered high-school exit exams in Bulgaria include a mandatory exam in Bulgarian Language and Literature (BEL) and a second mandatory exam where the students have the right to choose the subject.
The results of the BEL exam, with 25% failing grades, are lower than 2009, while those, who decided to sit for Geography for the second exam, have received the staggering 75% of failing grades.
The Education Ministry experts explain the BEL lower results with the fact more and more young people, who failed the test, in years before, are retaking it in 2010. The failing grades in Geography are attributed to students' common belief this is an easy subject thus appearing unprepared.
- » Bulgarian Students with Great Success in a NASA Space Colony Competition
- » Student Fees in Bulgarian Universities - from BGN 200 to EUR 7700
- » By the Middle of 2019: All Schools in Bulgaria With Wi-Fi Networks
- » The Exhibition "Education without Borders" in the National Palace of Culture is Now Open
- » Burgas University will Train Doctors
- » Why a Professionally Written Essay Can Transform Your Studies