Bulgaria Bestows Most Prestigious Theater Awards
Bulgaria will award Sunday evening theatrical companies and actors with the most prestigious award in the country, the Askeers.
The ceremony traditionally takes place in the Theater of the Bulgarian Army and is held on the eve of May 24, the day of the Bulgarian enlightenment and culture and the Cyrillic alphabet.
This year's award for lifetime achievement will go to prominent actor Yosif Sarchadziev.
The ceremony will also pay tribute to Professor Krikor Azaryan, a famous Bulgarian theater director and lecturer, who died at the end of last year following a battle with a serious disease. He was 75.
Even in his last days he managed to finish yet another memorable project and to see the ovations for the Cherry Orchard, a play by Anton Chekhov, at the National Theater.
- » Bulgarian Wins Best Actress Award at Sarajevo Film Festival
- » Apple is Turning Big Cities’ Streets into Art with Augmented Reality
- » Half of Bulgarians Like Local Pop Folk Music Chalga
- » The National Costume Festival in Zheravna Begins
- » Spice Music Festival - 90`s Edition Coming in August to Burgas
- » N.Y’s Kalafatis Teams With Bulgaria’s Nu Boyana for Greek Venture