Bulgaria Celebrates 5th 'Night of the Museums'
The fifth “Night of the Museums” will take place in Sofia and other Bulgarian cities on May 15, the Ministry of Culture announced.
The event is part of the international festivities for the International Day of the Museums, May 18.
Museums and galleries all over Bulgaria will have free entrance and will stay open all night on Saturday. They will provide different activities including dance, movie previews and entertaining show programs.
The program of the 2010 Night of the Museums in Bulgaria is available on the Culture Ministry website HERE (in Bulgarian).
Bulgaria's National Art Gallery, Gallery Sofia, National Gallery for Foreign Art, National Archeological Museum, National Polytechnic Museum and Museum “Earth and People” are among the participants in the capital.
Some 2 000 museums from 40 European countries are expected to open their doors for the all-night event.
The first Night of the Museums took place in Berlin in 1997. The idea was to give free access to the public to all exhibits and introduce new artists to the cultural institutions.
- » 70 Documentaries Will be Projected During This Year's Edition of Master of Art Festival
- » The Performance "A Simple Space" on Bulgarian Stage
- » Cultural Heritage tour Presented to Mark Sofia’s 140th Anniversary as Capital of Bulgaria
- » Exhibition of Works by Bulgarian Artists Opened at the University in Istanbul
- » The Bulgarian National Museum of History Displays Rare Exhibits to Celebrate 140 Years of the Constituent Assembly
- » Exhibition for Michael Jackson in Bonn