Bulgaria Celebrates 5th 'Night of the Museums'
The fifth “Night of the Museums” will take place in Sofia and other Bulgarian cities on May 15, the Ministry of Culture announced.
The event is part of the international festivities for the International Day of the Museums, May 18.
Museums and galleries all over Bulgaria will have free entrance and will stay open all night on Saturday. They will provide different activities including dance, movie previews and entertaining show programs.
The program of the 2010 Night of the Museums in Bulgaria is available on the Culture Ministry website HERE (in Bulgarian).
Bulgaria's National Art Gallery, Gallery Sofia, National Gallery for Foreign Art, National Archeological Museum, National Polytechnic Museum and Museum “Earth and People” are among the participants in the capital.
Some 2 000 museums from 40 European countries are expected to open their doors for the all-night event.
The first Night of the Museums took place in Berlin in 1997. The idea was to give free access to the public to all exhibits and introduce new artists to the cultural institutions.
- » Tom Jones with Concert in Plovdiv
- » The “Cherry Festival” in the "Fruit Garden of Bulgaria" - Kyustendil Begins
- » Interesting Folklore Programme and Authentic Recipes for the Visitors to the Yoghurt Festival in Western Bulgaria
- » Francofolies Blagoevgrad Festival Attracts Attention in Bulgaria and Abroad
- » Summer Festival “Opera in the Park” Starts on June 21
- » The Revolver with Which Van Gogh Had Committed Suicide to be Put For Sale