Bulgaria PM Parades Karakachan Shepherd Dogs
Bulgaria Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has exhibited his Karakachan dogs at the Plovdiv International Dog Show.
Borisov paraded three of his favorite canine pets at the gathering on Palm Sunday, where over 300 dogs of 30 breeds and from 14 countries were on show.
The smallest dog exhibited was a Russian toy terrier breed, weighing only 1 kilo. The largest breeds on show included the Bulgarian and Asian Shepherd, which can weigh up to 80 kilos.
The Karakachan is a specifically Bulgarian breed of mountain shepherd dog, descended from ancient Thracian domestic animals. Conservative breeding techniques have for centuries preserved the genetic purity of the strain.
- » It Will Be Sunny Today, around and after Noon - Hot
- » How much have the Loans and Deposits of Bulgarians increased Since the Beginning of the Year?
- » The Samples for Legionnaires’ Disease Taken from the Hotel Where the British Tourists Have Stayed Are Negative
- » Russian Humanoid Robot Fyodor's Spacecraft Failed to Dock at the ISS
- » Sunny and Hot Saturday
- » Sofia Residents Will Be Able to Track Information about Upcoming Disasters in the City via Their Phone