Bulgaria PM Parades Karakachan Shepherd Dogs
Bulgaria Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has exhibited his Karakachan dogs at the Plovdiv International Dog Show.
Borisov paraded three of his favorite canine pets at the gathering on Palm Sunday, where over 300 dogs of 30 breeds and from 14 countries were on show.
The smallest dog exhibited was a Russian toy terrier breed, weighing only 1 kilo. The largest breeds on show included the Bulgarian and Asian Shepherd, which can weigh up to 80 kilos.
The Karakachan is a specifically Bulgarian breed of mountain shepherd dog, descended from ancient Thracian domestic animals. Conservative breeding techniques have for centuries preserved the genetic purity of the strain.
- » Girl from Varna that Disappeared in Germany was Found
- » Sunny and Warm Today in Bulgaria with Highs Between 23°C and 28°C
- » The Earth Has Lost 12 million Hectares of Tropical Forests in 2018
- » During the 2017/2018 School Year, 16,300 Students Left School
- » Bulgarian Beekeepers Threaten to Block Pleven – Sofia Road in Protest
- » Girl from Varna Disappeared in Germany