Bulgarian Socialist Leader: GMO Ban Could Last 3 Months
Bulgarian Socialist Party Leader, Sergey Stanishev, has stated that the government proposed 5-year ban on GM Crop trials could only last 3 months.
Stanishev, speaking after a Bulgarian Parliament plenary session Friday, said that because the center-right GERB government has a majority in Parliament the 5-year moratorium could be terminated at any time. He added that the goal of the alteration to the changes in the original GMO Act was to “appease public opinion”.
Meanwhile, Stanishev concentrated on a recent interview for and English-language news agency in which Health Minister Bozhidar Nanev stated that the government wants to privatize hospitals. He said that Nanev’s excuse that his comments were lost in translation was not true and that now people know the real purpose of GERB’s health reform.
He concluded that over one third of the Bulgarian population will suffer due to the proposed health reform and closure of hospitals.
- » Cloudy Skies with Rain this Afternoon in some Regions of Bulgaria
- » Earthquake Measuring 4.9 Shakes France
- » The Astronomical Spring is Coming
- » Spring Cleaning Campaign in Sofia Begins
- » Sunshine until Noon, Rain Showers later on in some Places in South Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Starts the Week with Nice Weather