Bulgaria Ammo Factory Blast Totals 2 Shops
Two shops have been fully destroyed from the blasts at the “Midzhur” ammunition factory in the village of Gorni Lom in Northwestern Bulgaria.
The firefighter chief in charge of the operations reports the cause of the explosion is still under investigation, but witnesses say the blast in one of the shops was triggered by fire.
The explosions at the privately-owned “Midzhur” started at Wednesday night. The last blast was registered at 9 am Thursday.
The investigators inform explosives are spread all over the factory and in order to enter the premises, the terrain must first be checked by sappers.
According to the outside search, the remaining buildings have not been damaged, nor did their equipment or the materials stored inside. There are no active fires and no harmful substances in the air.
The investigators will be able to get access to the factory not earlier than 9 am Friday.
The area is sealed and guarded by police.
4 people were in injured by the blast, 3 of them lightly. 1 has an eye wound and has been transported to Sofia for treatment.
- » 12 Wine-Culinary Destinations of Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Nurses are Again Protesting, they do not Believe the Promise of the Health Minister
- » Taxi Drivers in Sofia are Protesting
- » Cloudy Skies with Rain this Afternoon in some Regions of Bulgaria
- » World Happiness Report: Bulgaria is Ranked 97th in the World
- » Earthquake Measuring 4.9 Shakes France