Bulgaria Court Issues EU Arrest Warrant for Lawyer Murder Trial
Sofia City Court has issued a European arrest warrant for Dimitrinka Kalaydzhieva, one of the alleged murderers of Yambol lawyer Nadezhda Georgieva.
The Court also stated that the trial of defendants Orlin Avramov, Plamen Kalaydzhiev and his wife Dimitrinka, who is currently living in the United Kingdom, will start again on April 27 after being suspended twice in 2008 over the non-appearance of Dimitrinka at the trial.
It was also reported that in November 2009 a UK judge had refused to extradite Dimitrinka and this had led to the European arrest warrant being issued Tuesday.
Nadezhda Georgieva was found dead in her Sofia apartment at the end of February 2000. What followed has been described by local Bulgarian media as one of the most mysterious cases during the past 10 years.
Former Chief Prosecutor Nikola Filchev was alleged to be involved in the case and Prosecutor Nikola Kolev even hinted at a possible connection between Filchev and Georgieva's murder before he was killed in 2002.
Then in 2006 Bulgarian investigator Iliya Iliev died of a heart attack while waiting in front of the current Chief Prosecutor Boris Velchev's office. Reportedly Iliev was meeting Velchev to give information about the Georgieva case, but passed away before he could share any facts.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair
- » Bulgarian Police caught a Large Group of Migrants near Kazichene