PM Borisov: Politicians Should Be Like Bulgarian Shepherd Dog
Тwo new Bulgarian dog breeds were formally presented Sunday at a cynology exhibit in the southwest town of Razlog opened by Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov.
“All qualities of the Bulgarian shepherd dog are very valuable, and the Bulgarian politicians should have them. The Bulgarian shepherd dog is faithful, strong, fights predators and bad people, and is a very good guard,” the PM declared.
At the opening of the exhibit, Bulgaria’s Agriculture Minister, Miroslav Naydenov, handed Borisov (in Borisov’s capacity as honorary chair of the Bulgarian Cynology Club) the formal documents for the international recognition of two new Bulgarian dog breeds – Bulgarian Shepherd Dog and Bulgarian Ludogorie Beagle. (Ludogorie is a region in Northeast Bulgaria.)
Naydenov said the recognition of the Bulgarian shepherd dog as a separate breed had been refused for years. He joked that this had been because it was “the dog of the opposition”, and the Ministers of the ethnic Turkish party DPS had prevented its recognition (Naydenov’s predecessor Valeri Stefanov was from the DPS).
“This is now the dog of the ruling party. The Ministers of the DPS have been obstructing this dog on purpose because it was not good for them if Bulgaria had a shepherd dog protecting the people,” PM Borisov joked in turn.
Borisov and Naydenov were presented with cubs of the Bulgarian shepherd dog breed by the Bulgarian Cynology Club.
The cynology exhibit in Razlog was focused on the new Bulgarian breeds, but also included competitions in various breed categories.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Study: Where COVID-19 Hit Hardest, Sudden Deaths Outside the Hospital Increased
- » Mayor of Plovdiv: I Want to Live up to People’s Expectations
- » Social Anthropologist: Bulgarian Community Is Highly Fragmented
- » Bulgaria’s Chief Health Inspector: Third Wave of Coronavirus Is Highly Likely
- » Vigil Held in Washington DC in Memoriam of Covid-19 Victims, Nearly Half a Million Americans Killed by Virus
- » Information Campaign Launched for Bulgarians Abroad Related to Child Protection