Bulgaria Marks World Heart Day
Bulgaria marks Sunday World Heart Day with series of events and free cardiology exams in hospitals across the country.
World Heart Day was created to inform people around the globe that heart disease and stroke are the world's leading cause of death, claiming 17,2 million lives each year.
The World Heart Federation informs that at least 80% of premature deaths from heart disease and stroke could be avoided if the main risk factors, tobacco, unhealthy diet and physical inactivity, are controlled.
World Heart Day 2009 is held Sunday, September 27, in over one hundred countries across the world. Activities organized by members and partners of the World Heart Federation will include runs, public talks, concerts, sporting events and much more.
World Heart Day was organized for the first time on September 24, 2000.
- » Cloudy Weekend Weather
- » BNR: Bulgaria to Submit the Mobility Package to EU Court
- » The Air in Sofia - Dangerous for your Health?
- » 9 Events that Happened on Friday the 13th in which there is Nothing Fatal
- » Russian Sailors Discovered Four Hitherto Unknown Islands in the Red Sea
- » An Explosion in an Apartment Building Injured 25 Germans