Bulgaria Criticizes Macedonia Encyclopedia
Bulgarian Embassy in Skopje has issued a statement, saying that the content of Macedonian Encyclopedia is not a result of scientific analyses and its single purpose is to collect political dividends.
According to the statement released on Thursday, "it is unacceptable for a country aspirant for NATO and EU membership to resort to terminology typical for the ideology of the Cold War era."
The approach in the Macedonian Encyclopedia is in collision with the European ways and gives no contribution to strengthening of the neighborly relations and curbing down of the "hatred speech", the statement further adds
Immediately after its publishing, Macedonian Encyclopedia raised numerous reactions. The parties of ethnic Albanians living in Macedonia were the first to slam certain contents of the publication, and reactions of Great Britain and US followed shortly after, the independent news agency Makfax said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US Ambassador: The Ties between the American and Bulgarian People have Never Been Stronger
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria: Democracy is Impossible without a Vibrant Civil Sector
- » The US to Bulgaria and North Macedonia: Quickly Solve your Problems and Reduce Tension
- » North Macedonia Promised to Not Allow Incidents during the Celebration of Gotse Delchev, Bulgaria with Measures against Provocateurs
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured
- » A Visit of a Bulgarian Theater Production was Canceled in North Macedonia