Bulgaria Criticizes Macedonia Encyclopedia
Bulgarian Embassy in Skopje has issued a statement, saying that the content of Macedonian Encyclopedia is not a result of scientific analyses and its single purpose is to collect political dividends.
According to the statement released on Thursday, "it is unacceptable for a country aspirant for NATO and EU membership to resort to terminology typical for the ideology of the Cold War era."
The approach in the Macedonian Encyclopedia is in collision with the European ways and gives no contribution to strengthening of the neighborly relations and curbing down of the "hatred speech", the statement further adds
Immediately after its publishing, Macedonian Encyclopedia raised numerous reactions. The parties of ethnic Albanians living in Macedonia were the first to slam certain contents of the publication, and reactions of Great Britain and US followed shortly after, the independent news agency Makfax said.
- » Bulgaria and Norway Will Work on Joint Projects in the Western Balkans
- » Boris Johnson Will Meet Jean-Claude Juncker Today
- » Presidents of Turkey, Russia and Iran Meet in Ankara
- » Bulgaria Charges NGO Official With Spying For Russia
- » Turkey Appoints New Ambassador to Sofia
- » An Informal Meeting of EU Finance Ministers Begins in Helsinki