Sofia Synagogue Marks 100th Anniversary of Consecration
The Sofia Synagogue marks Wednesday the 100th anniversary of its Consecration with an official ceremony to be attended by Bulgaria's President, Georgi Parvanov.
Parvanov is also the Chair of the Initiative Committee to mark the anniversary.
The President will meet all through the day Wednesday representatives of international Jewish organizations, guests of the ceremony. They include the President and Secretary General of the Jewish European Committee, the President of the General Assembly of the Euro-Asian Jewish Congress, the Director of the organization "American Joint" for Europe and Latin America, representatives of Jewish organizations from Russia, France, Belgium, the United States, Israel, Greece, Serbia, Romania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Kosovo, Turkey.
Parvanov will also meet the Chair of the Organization of Bulgarian Jews in Israel, and representatives of the Organization of Jews in Bulgaria "Shalom'", former Ambassadors of Israel to Bulgaria and the current Ambassador.
Bulgaria's former Tsar and Prime Minister, Simeon Saxe-Coburg and his wife will also be among the official attendees of the ceremony.
The Synagogue was opened on September 9, 1909 by Tsar Ferdinand and Quinn, Eleonora.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Withdraws COP29 Hosting Bid, Supports Eastern European Group's Decision
- » The Revised Plan for the Recovery of Bulgaria has been Finally Approved
- » Bulgaria Extends Shelter to 168,300 Ukrainian Refugees
- » Six New Road Signs are being Introduced in Bulgaria (PICTURE)
- » Every Tenth Bulgarian has Never Accessed the Internet
- » Controversial Proposal to Change Bulgaria's National Holiday Dropped