Sofia Coldest Capital in Europe as Rain Sweeps Bulgaria
Sofia will be the coldest capital city in Europe today according to weather forecasters, with temperatures barely set to reach 15 degrees centigrade.
After the record high temperatures Saturday, Bulgaria was hit Sunday by a blast of cold air and torrential rain and this weather system is set to hang over Bulgaria until Wednesday.
Torrential rain has been falling over much of the country with some localized flooding. 38 liters/m2 of rain has fallen on Ruse in the last 24 hours, with an average of between 20-30 L/m2 elsewhere in Western Bulgaria.
Other capitals in Europe are seeing an Indian summer with temperatures reaching over 35 centigrade in Madrid.
From Thursday onwards Bulgaria will again see rising temperatures, with 25-30 centigrade expected for the weekend.
- » Earthquake Measuring 3.2 on the Richter Scale Sensed in Dimitrovgrad and Haskovo
- » In the Afternoon Above the Eastern and Mountainous Regions of Bulgaria Could be Raindfall
- » Yellow Code for Heavy Rains and Thunder in 16 Districts in Bulgaria
- » NIMH: Code Yellow Warning For Heavy Rain with Thunder and Hail
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures between 23°C and 28°C
- » The EC Creates an Air Fleet to Combat Fires