Sofia Coldest Capital in Europe as Rain Sweeps Bulgaria
Sofia will be the coldest capital city in Europe today according to weather forecasters, with temperatures barely set to reach 15 degrees centigrade.
After the record high temperatures Saturday, Bulgaria was hit Sunday by a blast of cold air and torrential rain and this weather system is set to hang over Bulgaria until Wednesday.
Torrential rain has been falling over much of the country with some localized flooding. 38 liters/m2 of rain has fallen on Ruse in the last 24 hours, with an average of between 20-30 L/m2 elsewhere in Western Bulgaria.
Other capitals in Europe are seeing an Indian summer with temperatures reaching over 35 centigrade in Madrid.
From Thursday onwards Bulgaria will again see rising temperatures, with 25-30 centigrade expected for the weekend.
- » The Beauty of the Amazon Jungle - The "Lungs of the Earth" (GALLERY)
- » 250 Acres of Oak Forest and Pastures Burned near Vetren
- » Weather Forecasters Warn about Dangerous Rip Currents
- » Macron: Amazonia Fires Are an "International Crisis"
- » Sunny Today, Light Cloud in the Afternoon in Mountainous Areas
- » Ambient Air Quality Indicator in Plovdiv Area Does Not Exceed Acceptable Standards