BGN 2 M Added to Salaries of Bulgaria Legal Aid Lawyers
BGN 2 M extra will be made available from the state budget to pay the salaries of Bulgarian lawyers who perform legal aid.
This was confirmed after the Ministry of Finance finalized the payment arrangements and also before the Council of Ministers discusses various regulations regarding public security.
Currently more than 3700 Bulgarian lawyers perform legal aid to the poor, people placed in social institutions, and suspects and defendants who do not have the means to hire a lawyer. Their salaries in 2009 were originally set at BGN 6 M, which are already in the budget of the National Bureau for Legal Aid. According to ministers, however, that money will not be enough so additional funds are needed.
Ministers will discuss a number of other regulations decided by the previous government later on Wednesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend