More Bulgarians Busted for Illegal Baby Trafficking to Greece
The latest illegal baby sale by a Bulgarian mother to a Greek couple has been discovered in the southwestern city of Blagoevgrad.
The information was reported Thursday by the Interior Ministry.
The authorities found out that the criminal scheme had been in place since May 2008 when a Bulgarian man took two Greek citizens to a pregnant girl in another southwestern town - Sandanski.
During the meeting, the Greek convinced the girl to give birth in Greece and to leave the child with him and his spouse to be adopted. The woman was offered an undisclosed amount of money.
She gave birth in Seres in June 2008 and signed a document gaving up all parental rights on the baby girl to be adopted by the Greek family.
The Bulgarian mediator in the deal is identified as Martin Hristov, from the town of Petrich. He has been detained by the Greek police and is in a Greek jail. Hristov is also investigated for illegal drug trafficking.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Massive Special Police Operation in Sofia
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder
- » Europol: 28 Arrested for Smuggling Migrants via Bulgaria and Romania
- » A Security Expert pointed out that Kamenov's Murder was Not Typical of the Bulgarian Crime World
- » Wanted by Interpol Bulgarian Krasimir Kamenov-Karo was Murdered in South Africa
- » Bulgaria: Illegal Migrants are detained near Vladaya after a Chase with the Police