Fire Breaks Out in Main EC Building in Brussels
A fire broke out Monday afternoon in the European Commission's building in Brussels.
The special correspondent of the Bulgarian National Television (BNT) in the Belgium capital, Assen Indzhiev, reports seeing thick smoke coming from the EC press office, located in the building's basement. Indzhiev sites other, unnamed sources, saying that the fire started in the print shop of the EC spokespersons, located near the main press conference hall.
The building's security acted swiftly and had evacuated everyone inside. All the people have been sent to a nearby park.
Other sources say the fire started on higher floors. The building is 13-stories tall.
The adjacent area is isolated.
There is currently no information available about the cause of the fire.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria