Bulgaria Stands Firm behind Georgia, Ukraine NATO Accession
Bulgaria continues to favor the idea of Georgia and the Ukraine joining NATO, Bulgaria's Foreign Minister, Ivaylo Kalfin, reaffirmed.
Kalfin, who is also Deputy Prime Minister, spoke Monday, during a briefing with Ambassadors of the countries who are members of the Alliance.
Lately more and more world leaders, including US President Barack Obama, as well as political experts voiced support for the idea to admit the two former Soviet republics as NATO members, Kalfin pointed out.
Bulgaria's top diplomat also informed the Ambassadors about some of Bulgaria's achievements since the country became a member of NATO, focusing on its participation in the military mission in Afghanistan. Kalfin said that the funds and the number of rangers slated by the country for Afghanistan were comparable with those of countries with much bigger resources.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus