Kidnapped Salvadorian Journalist was Found Dead
SAN SALVADOR: A Salvadoran journalist reported missing Sunday has been found dead on the side of a road, according to media reports.
According to media reports, the body of Karla Turcios, 33, was found on a highway on the outskirts of Santa Rosa Guachipilin, 100 kilometres northeast of San Salvador.
“Journalist Karla Turcios was murdered,” the newspaper La Prensa Grafica — a sister title of El Economista magazine, where the mother-of-one worked — tweeted.
A source from the Salvadoran public prosecutor’s office told AFP the body of an apparently strangled woman was found on a highway in the Santa Rosa Guachipilin area — but there were no identifying documents available and the body was transferred for forensic analysis.
La Prensa Grafica said Turcios’ husband identified her body by her clothes and a scar.
“We sympathize with your family in these hard times,” the newspaper wrote on Twitter, sharing a photograph of Turcios.
Turcios had been reported as missing by her family and the newspaper earlier on Sunday.
- » Policemen were Arrested in Rakovski
- » Two People were Detained in London on Suspicion of Preparing an Attack
- » Police Kill Man Attacking Bakery Workers in Germany
- » Five People were Killed in a Bomb Explosion during a Soccer Match in Somalia
- » Police is Still Searching For the Escaped Prisoner From Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor: We Received Documents for Extradition of 4 More People to the US