In Eight Years, Almost Half of the Teachers will be Retired
After 8 years, almost half of all teachers in Bulgaria will be retired. This is the data of the Syndicate of Bulgarian Teachers, said its chairman Yanka Takeva.
"Today, 93,000 teachers work in the Bulgarian education system, but 39,000 will retire after 8 years. A large number of the best students do not want to complete higher education and become teachers, this is one of the big problems, the selection and the way we have to motivate young people to be able to complete and take up the teaching profession, "she said. 85,000 of teachers have a master's degree, and 12% of them have a second higher education.
According to Takeva, universities are preparing about 20,000 students. "Of these, 50% will enter the education system, so there is a large deficit in the Bulgarian education system and it the ways to motivate young people to sustain the education system," Takeva explained.
- » Sofia University will Аccept Students in the Specialty "Medicine"
- » Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski is Ranked 855th in the World by URAP
- » A Bomb in a Backpack was Disarmed during a Teaching in Burgas School
- » Bulgarian Students from 1st to 7th Grade will have Access to Electronically Readable Textbooks
- » 40% of Bulgaria's Teachers Will Reach Retirement in 8 years
- » Students From Varna with Award from NASA