SurveyThe Most Visited Country in the World is Japan
A study by one of the major credit and debit card companies shows that Japan has been the most visited country in the past two years. For the first time the country of the rising sun displaces the United States of America.
Worldwide travelers are making shorter trips, with the average stay time in foreign countries being eight days, compared to nine nights five years ago. This shows the study of the card payment company entitled "Global attitudes to travel", which takes place in 27 countries around the world. Other trends the company has noted is increasing the number of trips to an average of 2.7 per year.
In addition to Japan, among the most visited countries in the world are the United States and Australia. The main reason for this is that people travel to nearby destinations, meaning people in the Pacific region most often choose Japan, Americans prefer Europe, Mexico, Canada.
Residents of Saudi Arabia are the ones who spend the most money on a trip, the survey shows. The average spend on traveling abroad is $ 1793, of which $ 778. More and more people prefer to pay in cash, according to the survey.
- » 18% has Increased the Passenger Flow Through the Bulgarian Airports for 2017
- » About 1.2 million Foreign Tourists Visited Bulgaria During the Winter Season
- » Number of Arrivals in All Accommodation Establishments Increased by 11.5% in January, 2018
- » More than 34 000 Albanian Tourists Visited Bulgaria in 2017
- » Sofia Airport with Nearly 4% Passenger Growth in February
- » Over 15% Growth of Foreign Tourists in December and January