The Air in Sofia is Yet Again Dangerously Dirty
The pollution now. Source: airtube.info
Once again dirty air in the capital and on weekends. In the past two days, fine particle levels have reached 250 micrograms per cubic meter at an acceptable rate of 50, reports bTV. This shows the data from the airtube.info site of the "Code: Bulgaria" Foundation.
The dirtiest air was in the neighborhoods of Krasna Polyana, Ovcha Kupel, West Park and Buxton. According to experts, 60 per cent of the pollution in the capital is due to road traffic. At the same time, 1/3 of the cars in the capital are outside the eco standards and can be stopped by traffic.
At the end of November last year, the Ministry of the Environment acknowledged that the dirtiest is the air in the neighborhoods where they are heated on solid fuel. Several districts protest against air pollution.
- » Earthquake of 8.2 on the Richter Scale Shook Alaska, There is Danger of Tsunami
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny with Increasing Cloudiness Sometimes
- » Indonesia Earthquake - 6.1-Magnitude
- » Cyclone "Albena" and the Snow are Going Away
- » Precipitation to Continue in most of Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures from -1°C to 4°C
- » The People on the Road Between Shipka and Buzludja who were in Trouble are Saved