Soros: Hungary is Attacking me with Lies
In a statement today, George Soros reacted for the first time to the campaign of the Hungarian government against him, saying the attacks against him contained "lies and distortions" and aimed to create a false external enemy, Reuters reported.
The American businessman and philantropist of Hungarian origin, whose views are in conflict with Prime Minister Viktor Orban's ruling Fidesz party, said Budapest "fueled anti-Muslim sentiment and used anti-Semitic clichés reminiscent of the 1930s."
He denied the seven statements in a "national poll" organized by the Orbán government, according to which he wants to house a million migrants a year in Europe, to force them to settle in EU countries and pay thousands of euros to everyone, Reuters said.
- » G7 States Agree With UK That Russia ‘Highly Likely’ Responsible for Skripal Case
- » Toronto Van Suspect Attended Classes For Students with Special Needs
- » George Bush Hospitalised Day after Wife’s Funeral
- » Putin will take an Unprecedented Decision after his Inauguration
- » EU Regulator Investigates Alitalia State Loan
- » Population Depletion Threatens the Economies of Eastern Europe