FIFA Approves a Tournament for Countries that did not Qualify for the World Cup
FIFA will approve a potential tournament involving national teams that have not qualified for World Cup 2018 in Russia. The idea of such a championship came from the US Football Federation. According to the BBC, FIFA will not interfere with the tournament, which will be presented as an alternative world championship.
However, it is still unclear whether such championship would happen, and should be approval given by the strongest teams that did not qualify for the World Championship, headed by Italy and the Netherlands, as well as the champion of South America Chile. According to US media, the requirement will be for every team to play with all their stars.
Calls are likely to be sent to the three major African teams that have failed to qualify - Ghana, Cameroon and Côte d'Ivoire. Besides Italy and the Netherlands, Europe, possibly, may include Wales, the Czech Republic, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Greece and Turkey.
- » Dimitrov Struggled Again but Achieved his Third Victory at the Australian Open
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play Tomorrow Against Russian Tennis Player Andrey Rublev at 6:00
- » Grigor Dimitrov Struggled but Reached the Third Round of the Australian Open
- » Ronaldinho: Brazilian World Cup Winner Retires From Football
- » Grigor Dimitrov on the Court Again on Wednesday at 10:00 Bulgarian Time
- » Novak Djokovic HITS BACK Over ‘Exaggerated’ Australian Open