The 2 Policemen Accused of Drug Distribution, Taking Bribes Remain in Custody
The specialized appellate criminal court ruled that the 2 police officers from 7th police station in Sofia will remain in custody. Alexander Stanev and Edzhevit Osman are accused of protecting the criminal operations of a drug distribution gang and of taking bribes.
Their defense wanted to be released due to lack of sufficient evidence and irregularities in the investigation. However, the second instance court judged that there was evidence, and if released the two could commit another offense.
The 2 police officers were detained on 15th of October 2017 in a specialized operation of the Internal Security Directorate of the Ministry of the Interior and the Specialized Prosecutor's Office.
Source: The Bulgarian National Television
- » Android Phones 'Betray' User Location to Google
- » Kavarna Welcomes Polish Investors in the Spring of 2018
- » In Q3 of 2017, 1 991.8 Thousand Bulgarian Residents Made Tourist Trips
- » Robert Mugabe Finally Resigns as President of Zimbabwe
- » Coming Soon The New Book of Peika.bg: "Mystical Walks Around Bulgaria for Extraordinary Travelers!"
- » Bulgaria in the Top 5 in the EU on Export Growth for the Period January-September