Dozens Dead in Suicide Bombing at Kabul Mosque
Suicide bomber killed at least 30 people in a Shiite mosque in Kabul, capital of Afghanistan this evening, a security official said on Monday, reports BBC.
This is another terrorist attack on the Shiite minority in the country.
The attacker invaded the "Imam Zaman" mosque in the western district of Dash-e-Barshi in Kabul, where Shiite worshipers had gathered for prayer.
According to the security officer, the exact number of victims is unknown. So far, at least 30 bodies have been removed from the mosque.
Afghan Shia population has been hit hard this year. To date, victims of such attacks on a religious basis are at least 84, and wounded - 194. Most of them were killed during prayer in mosques or religious ceremonies, according to an UN report released last week.
Two of the attacks happened in mosques in Kabul in August and September.
- » Fifteen Children and Two Women were Killed in an Air Strike in Eastern Ghouta
- » The European Elections will be Held Between 23 and 26 May Next Year
- » Self-Driving Uber Car Kills Pedestrian in Arizona, She was to Blame for the Crash (Updated)
- » Revolution: Women in Saudi Arabia will Choose how to Dress Themselves
- » EU Municipalities Today Are Applying For Wireless Internet Financing
- » Nicolas Sarkozy is Taken for Questioning in Relation to Investigation into the Funding of his Election Campaign