40 Year Since a Bulgarian Song Launched Into Space on NASA's Voyager 1
40 years ago today a Bulgarian song launched into space on NASA’s Voyager 1.
The Golden Record, including “Izleel e Delyo Haidutin” performed by Valya Balkanska, is still traveling through space. Valya was 35 years old when her voice took off for the stars. Today, the singer from the Rhodope Mountains is 75.
Happy 40th anniversary, Voyager 1!
Both vessels (Voyager 1 and 2) carry copies of the "Voyager Golden Record," a sort of message in a bottle intended for potential alien civilizations. The record includes prominent Bulgarian folk song"Izlel e Delyo Haidutin," among others.
The song, famously performed by Valya Balkanska, can be heard HERE.
And the full track list can be seen HERE.
- » Around 1,500 Migrants have been Rescued in the Last Three Days in the Mediterranean
- » Number of Students in Bulgaria Decreased by 17% Due to the Low Birth rates and Migration
- » There was a Slight Earthquake in the Region of Shumen
- » Climate Change Could Deny You Your Favorite Cup of Coffee
- » New Earthquake in Iran, Dozens were Injured
- » This is How Many Spiders You Eat in Your Sleep Every Year