Seismologists Do Not Expect New Strong Quakes in Greece and Turkey
''New strong earthquakes in Greece and Turkey are not expected. However, weaker secondary quakes could continue for a year'', seismologist Prof. Emil Botev told FOCUS Radio’s Good Morning Bulgaria.
There is no immediate danger for Bulgaria from the earthquake measuring 6 on the Richter scale in Aegean Sea which caused damage on Lesbos Island.
Nevertheless, weaker quakes, which are expected to follow, could cause additional damage on Greek islands and Turkey’s coast, but not victims, as people are prepared to react.
- » Yellow Code for Heat in 16 Regions, Thunders Expected in 10
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Sunny, Max. Temperatures Between 26° and 31°
- » NIMH: Rains with Thunders Over Eastern and Southwestern Regions, Max Temperatures 26°-31°
- » Mostly Sunny, Max Temperatures 28°-33°, in Sofia 29°