18 Migrants, Three Traffickers Detained by Bulgarian Police
18 migrants have been detained by the police near the Kalotina border cross checkpoint. A day later, three traffickers were arrested as well.
The migrants, including six children, were discovered at the back of a truck during an inspection of Border Police.
All of the foreigners had valid documents issued by the State Agency for Refugees.
17 were from Afghanistan and one foreigner was from Pakistan.
The driver of the truck, a Serbian citizen, has been arrested as well.
The three traffickers, two men and a woman, related to the case were arrested a day later in Dragoman.
Investigation on the case is ongoing.
- » The EC Lawsuit Against Bulgaria Ends with a Ban on New Constructions in Kaliakra
- » Prosecutor General Tsatsarov Moves to Lift Immunity of GERB MP Zhivko Matinov
- » Bulgarian Minister of Justice: 'A New Prison to be Built in Kremikovtzi'
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party to Ask the Specialised Prosecutor’s Office to Publish a List of Politicians Funded by KTB
- » The Swedish Tourist who Attacked a Hotel Worker in Sunny Beach has been Released from Custody
- » Customs officers Found over 260 Liters of Illegally Produced Alcohol from an Internet Ad