Dimitrov Sweeps Past Goffin, Reaching Australian Open Semi-Finals
Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria has made it to his first ever Austrian Open semi-final, after defeating David Goffin of Belgium.
It has taken him just over two hours to beat Goffin, the world's 11th-best tennis player according to the ATP ranking, 6:3, 6:2, 6:4.
The victory sends him to his second Grand Slam tournament semi-final. His debut was back in 2014. During the peak of his career so far, in 2013-2014, Dimitrov did not manage to win a Grand Slam title.
He will face either Canada's Milos Raonic or Spain's Rafael Nadal.
One of his role models, iconic Roger Federer, is playing at the other semi-final, and this raises the prospect of the two facing each other for the final.
- » Ludogorets Ended its Participation in the Europa League
- » Gambling in the British Premier League
- » Federer is Officially the Oldest Number One in Tennis
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Federer in Less Than an Hour
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play in the Semifinals in Rotterdam
- » With a New Victory Dimitrov Qualified for the Quarterfinals in Rotterdam