Bulgarian Arms Used By Para-military in Iraq
Bulgarian machine guns have been used by para-military organisations in Iraq, announced Patrick Wilken with Amnesty International.
Wilken is the author of a report on the arms used in Iraq by groupings which violate human rights.
The arms were delivered legally for the Iraqi government but para-military groupings got hold of them.
“Bulgaria is one of many countries which supplied arms to the Iraqi army. Some of the weapons supplied by Bulgaria ended up with para-military organisations which in no way respect human rights. They used these weapons. What we discovered was machine guns intended for the army. These were probably delivered in 2014. There were also many deliveries of machine guns and other arms between 2008 and 2011,” stated Wilken.
- » Bulgaria and the UK will Continue Their Cooperation to Ensure Security in Europe,
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and European Council President Donald Tusk: 'Western Balkans Are Important for the EU'
- » Syrian Refugee Faces Deportation From Cardiff to Bulgaria
- » Moscow says Bulgaria’s Parliament Recognizes Russian Threat Upon Foreign Instructions
- » A Broad-Format Meeting is Underway in Sofia Discussing Measures Against Radical Islam
- » Parliament Rejected the Presidential Veto on the Defense Act