Protester Elected Mayor in Sofia Neighborhood
Desislava Ivancheva has won nearly 65% of the votes in Mladost neighborhood of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, set to become its next mayor, official results show.
Bulgaria held a mayoral election in Mladost alongside the presidential one as Ivancheva, an activist, defied incumbent mayor Tsveta Avdzhieva, from main ruling GERB party over the way the latter was running the neighborhod, including green spaces and construction issues.
"This is not a vote for me, this is a vote for the cause, for Green Mladost," she has told the Bulgarian National Radio.
- » Boyko Borisov in Belgrade: The EU has Wise and Secure Balkans
- » A Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation Between the Two Prosecutor's Offices of Serbia and Bulgaria
- » Nearly BGN 1.5 Billion is the Budget of Sofia for 2018
- » Today Begins the Real Part of the Experimental Repair of the ''Trakia'' Highway
- » More Than 5000 Bulgarian Villages Can Apply for Euro Fundings For Wi-Fi
- » Restaurants and Cafes do not Comply with the Smoking Ban