Protester Elected Mayor in Sofia Neighborhood
Desislava Ivancheva has won nearly 65% of the votes in Mladost neighborhood of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, set to become its next mayor, official results show.
Bulgaria held a mayoral election in Mladost alongside the presidential one as Ivancheva, an activist, defied incumbent mayor Tsveta Avdzhieva, from main ruling GERB party over the way the latter was running the neighborhod, including green spaces and construction issues.
"This is not a vote for me, this is a vote for the cause, for Green Mladost," she has told the Bulgarian National Radio.
- » Reactions in the National Assembly on the Sale of CEZ's Assets in Bulgaria
- » The Minister of Energy Resigned
- » Sofia Municipality will Try to Reduce Advertising in the City Center
- » “Blue Room” for Hearing of Child Victims of Crime Opened in Vratsa
- » Bulgaria's commercial vehicle registrations rise 19% y/y in Jan
- » Bulgarian Ombudsman will Now be Elected by Open Ballot System