More Than 106 000 Bulgarians Abroad Voted for President
Some 106 312 Bulgarian nationals living out of the country have cast ballots in the presidential elections, the Foreign Ministry has said.
Data as of 17:00 Bulgarian time (EET) shows 31 888 people voted in Turkey, 17 864 took part in the UK, and 10 441 in Spain.
In France, Bulgarian nationals who voted numbered 3 620. They were 3 422 in Austria, 7684 in Germany, and 4093 in Greece.
Voting data from the US and Canada is yet to be processed.
The number in some countries, like the US and Turkey, may have been hampered by curbs to voting abroad, with the number of polling stations in all countries outside the EU being restricted to thirty-five.
Separately, queues were formed in front of polling stations across the UK, with some voters saying they had waited for hours to cast a ballot.
The Bulgarian National Television aired a report showing big queues of people many of whom were unable to cast ballots as polls closed at 21:00 local time.
- » Another Smolyan Village Completely Deserted
- » Bulgarian Media Mogul Peevski Sells 50% of his Print Media Business
- » BGN 1.6 billion will Cost the Construction of the Vidin-Sofia Highway
- » The New Tiles in front of the National Palace of Culture did not Last Until the End of the European Presidency
- » Over 20.7 million leva have been Allocated to Overcome the Consequences of Disasters in Bulgaria
- » For the Moment, Bulgaria will not Extradite Bulgarians to the Case of "Zhelyaz Andreev"