Number of Russians Buying Property in Bulgaria Dwindles in 2 Years
A threefold decrease in the number of Russian nationals buying property in Bulgaria has been registered since 2014, data shows.
Russian-speaking candidates have dwindled after the events in Ukraine, news website Dnevnik.bg reports, citing a report of Green Life Development and Resorts.
However, the property market has retained s stable level since the beginning of 2015, Teofil Petkov, the company's CEO, is quoted as saying.
While the number of transactions has not changed substantially, the motives and profile of buyers has, with more people from Western Europe seeking to acquire such properties. Some of these are Bulgarians willing to invest their savings, the company has said.
- » Bulgaria Remains Among the 15 most Desirable Destinations for Buying a Second Home
- » Eurostat: 85% of Bulgarians Live in their Own Home
- » 1/3 of Homes and Apartments in Bulgaria are Uninhabited
- » First Time in Bulgaria: Residential Complex Received a Certificate for a Sustainable Building
- » Construction and the Property Market with a Serious Jump in 2017
- » Part of a Main Boulevard in Plovdiv Turned out to be Private Property