Number of Russians Buying Property in Bulgaria Dwindles in 2 Years
A threefold decrease in the number of Russian nationals buying property in Bulgaria has been registered since 2014, data shows.
Russian-speaking candidates have dwindled after the events in Ukraine, news website Dnevnik.bg reports, citing a report of Green Life Development and Resorts.
However, the property market has retained s stable level since the beginning of 2015, Teofil Petkov, the company's CEO, is quoted as saying.
While the number of transactions has not changed substantially, the motives and profile of buyers has, with more people from Western Europe seeking to acquire such properties. Some of these are Bulgarians willing to invest their savings, the company has said.
- » 24 % of the Apartments in Sofia are Uninhabited
- » The Properties by the Sea: The Russians Leave, the Westerners Come
- » VMware has Negotiated the Largest Office Deal in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria is Seventh in the EU in Increase of House Prices in 2017
- » A Court in China Sells an Unfinished Skyscraper at an Auction
- » Metalworking Plant in Vidin has been Put Up For Sale for 34 Bitcoin