Number of Tourists To Grow by 30% for Summer 2017
The number of tourists to Bulgaria will increase by 30% for the summer season of 2017, forecast large tour operators Thomas Cook and TUI.
Tourism Minister Angelkova announced that over 1 million tourists have chosen Varna from the beginning of 2016 until the end of the active summer season. Proceeds from overnight stays for the first 7 months of the year exceed BGN 235 M, an increase of 23%, compared to the same period last year.
National statistical data shows that we have greeted over 6 million tourists from the beginning of 2016 until August, or growth of 16%, added Angelkova.
Proceeds from their visits have increased by nearly BGN 0.5 B and amount to over BGN 3.4 B for the first 7 months of the year, 15% more, compared to the same period of 2015.
A return of tourists from traditional markets for our country like Russia, Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Ukraine was recorded this year.
- » Bulgaria Expects up to 10% more Tourists in the Summer
- » Staro Stefanovo - a Bulgarian Renaissance Fairy Tale near Lovech
- » Airlines Fear Wave of Compensation Claims After EU Court Ruling
- » Sunny Beach Topped a Global Ranking for Destinations that Offer Quality Bargain Vacation
- » Air France Cancels Flights Due to Another Strike Over Pay
- » Minister Angelkova is on a Working Visit to Argentina