Number of Tourists To Grow by 30% for Summer 2017
The number of tourists to Bulgaria will increase by 30% for the summer season of 2017, forecast large tour operators Thomas Cook and TUI.
Tourism Minister Angelkova announced that over 1 million tourists have chosen Varna from the beginning of 2016 until the end of the active summer season. Proceeds from overnight stays for the first 7 months of the year exceed BGN 235 M, an increase of 23%, compared to the same period last year.
National statistical data shows that we have greeted over 6 million tourists from the beginning of 2016 until August, or growth of 16%, added Angelkova.
Proceeds from their visits have increased by nearly BGN 0.5 B and amount to over BGN 3.4 B for the first 7 months of the year, 15% more, compared to the same period of 2015.
A return of tourists from traditional markets for our country like Russia, Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Ukraine was recorded this year.
- » Wizz Air to Launch Sofia - Athens flights in March 2018
- » Sofia Airport has Returned 604 Lost Items Since the Beginning of the Year
- » Weekend Idea: Autumn Walk Around Shabla
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises in August
- » Sofia Airport Welcomed its 5-millionth Passenger
- » 50% more Chinese Tourists in Bulgaria