Syrian Refugees in Sofia End Hunger Strike over Conditions
Fifteen Syrian refugees sent to Bulgaria have decided to call off a hunger stike they were planning, the refugee agency has said after holding talks with them.
The Syrians in question were sent to Bulgaria from Greece under the EU's relocation plan.
Their resettlement was accompanied by promises made by Greek authorities they would enjoy good conditions in Bulgaria if they agree to go, the Bulgarian National Radio quotes them as saying.
Greek officials told them each one would have a house, EUR 500 in monthly benefits, social security, education, and translation services.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM)'s Radoslav Stamenkov has denied the refugees were given misleading information.
- » Dangerous Climate Change is the Greatest Risk to the World in 2018
- » Do not Try to Suppress a Sneeze, Advise Doctors
- » An Earthquake Shook the Capital of Taiwan
- » Cruel Exploitation of Bulgarians in Germany
- » Bulgarians Honor St Anthony
- » NIMH: Sunny, Maximum Temperatures From 0-2°C in Northwestern Regions