Syrian Refugees in Sofia End Hunger Strike over Conditions
Fifteen Syrian refugees sent to Bulgaria have decided to call off a hunger stike they were planning, the refugee agency has said after holding talks with them.
The Syrians in question were sent to Bulgaria from Greece under the EU's relocation plan.
Their resettlement was accompanied by promises made by Greek authorities they would enjoy good conditions in Bulgaria if they agree to go, the Bulgarian National Radio quotes them as saying.
Greek officials told them each one would have a house, EUR 500 in monthly benefits, social security, education, and translation services.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM)'s Radoslav Stamenkov has denied the refugees were given misleading information.
- » Three Dead, One in Serious Condition After Car Accidents in Last 24 hours
- » Sunny Weather Today, Maximum Temperatures 31°-36°
- » Two dead, 18 injured in car accidents in last 24 hours
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » SpaceX delays Bulgaria Satellite Again, Plans 'Doubleheader'