Economist of Bulgarian Descent Seen as Part of Hillary Clinton’s Team
Pavlina Tcherneva is one of eight economists suggested to become part of Hillary Clinton’s future ‘economic dream team’ - in case she wins the U.S. presidential election in November.
With Hillary Clinton looking increasingly likely to defeat Donald Trump, speculation has begun over whom she should pick as advisors or agency heads, particularly in economics positions, Jeff Spross writes in an opinion piece published in The Week magazine on Monday.
“Pavlina Tcherneva is the economics chair at Bard College, and a research scholar at the Levy Economics Institute, who has devoted particular energy to the idea of a job guarantee. The idea is to ensure that decent and well-paying work is something always on offer to everyone in the economy,” Jeff Spross writes.
The author, who is the economics and business correspondent at TheWeek.com, makes clear that he has no idea whether any of the eight economists would be offered a job by Hillary Clinton if she gets elected, or would want such a job.
“But if Clinton herself asked me tomorrow who she should pick, these are the first people I'd tell her to call,” the author opines.
You can read the whole opinion piece "Hillary Clinton's economic dream team" here.
- » Whist - Physical Theatre & Virtual Reality in Sofia
- » Eurobarometer: 55% of Bulgarians Support the EU Membership of the Country
- » Together in Security – Bulgaria’s Role in the Common European Defense
- » The Mirror: Steeped in History and Local charm, Sozopol Continues to be a Hit with Tourists
- » Maxim Behar: The Meaningful Messages to Europe must Come from Sofia
- » Politico: Bulgarian Far Right Set to Shock Brussels