Anatoly Makarov Appointed as Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria
Russian President Vladimir Putin appointed Anatoly Makarov as the country’s new ambassador to Bulgaria, TASS reported on Wednesday.
In his most recent position Anatoly Anatolyevich Makarov has headed the Department for Work with Compatriots Abroad at the Russian Foreign Ministry since October 2012, according to information posted on the website of the ministry.
He served as Russian Ambassador to South Africa from 2006 to 2012.
Anatoly Makarov will replace Yuri Isakov as Russian Ambassador in Sofia.
- » A European Funding will be Provided for the Construction of the Railway Link Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » President of the House of Representatives of Greece: 'Greece will be Side by Side with Bulgaria During the Presidency of the Council of the EU'
- » Bulgarian PM: 'EU Agreement with Turkey Must be Preserved'
- » Bulgaria and the UK will Continue Their Cooperation to Ensure Security in Europe,
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and European Council President Donald Tusk: 'Western Balkans Are Important for the EU'
- » Sweden's Top Diplomat Complained of Sexual Harassment