Police Detain Five Irregular Migrants on Coastal Road in SE Bulgaria
Police have detained five irregular migrants on the road linking the town of Ahtopol with the nearby village of Varvara, on the Black Sea coast, public broadcaster BNR reported on Friday.
The migrants were discovered in a passenger car, which police stopped for an inspection on the road in Burgas Region, on the southeastern tip of Bulgaria.
The five migrants, who had crossed the border into Bulgaria from Turkey, carried no identity documents with them. They claimed to be citizens of Iraq and Iran.
Police has launched criminal proceedings over people trafficking against the car driver, a 36-year old man from Sofia, BNR said.
- » Russia Could Have Laundered Up to USD 80 B Via Moldova, Latvia
- » E-mails About Non-existent Debt Steal Personal Data, Passwords
- » Drunk Man Tries to Steal a Car with Small child in Sofia
- » Migrant Injured as Border Police Chase Smugglers' Car
- » Three Bombs Explode in Central Sofia, Police Looking into Hooliganism
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Ambassador to US Quits Warsaw Job after Cosmetics Incident - JTA