Bulgaria Going Through Best Tourism Year Since 1998
The number of tourists to Bulgaria was 15% bigger between January and June compared to the same period of last year, Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova announced.
As many as 3.1 million tourists visited the country in the first half of 2016, she told Focus Radio on Sunday.
Angelkova said the results for those six months were already making 2016 the most successful year for Bulgaria's tourism industry since 1998.
Although Bulgaria was expecting a good summer in terms of visitors to sea resorts and other places across the country, the average overall projections, of a 10% year-on-year increase as of December 2016, had not changed since the beginning of the year.
- » Sofia Airport has Served Half a Million Passengers in January
- » 1438 Square Meters of Concrete were Removed from the Seaside of Sunny Beach Resort
- » Journey in Europe with Ship-houses
- » Electric Airplane Start-up Eviation Aims to Enter Serrvice in 2021
- » Bulgarian Tourists in Serbia have Increased Threefold for the Last 10 Years
- » Minister of Tourism: I Hope for 40,000 to 50,000 Chinese Tourists in Bulgaria This Year