Number of Turkish Tourists to Bulgaria Rising
The number of visitors from Turkey has been growing since the beginning of the winter season, Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova estimated on Sunday.
Speaking on the final day of the traditional Rozhen folklore fair, she said 10% more tourists from Turkey had arrived to Bulgaria's Black Sea resorts this year compared to the same period of the previous one.
Winter visitors coming from Turkey had also increased in numbers and were up 15% during the last season, Angelkova has added.
The minister made clear her institution is closely following the developments in the neighboring country, working to analyze the situation which will "inevitably" have an impact on the tourist flow.
"We have taken absolutely all measures to secure the safety and comfort of tourists. Whoever heads to [Bulgaria] will be well received and attended and next year I hope we will be able to retain this interest in our country next year."
- » Bansko Ski Center is Shut Down Due to Hurricane Wind
- » Amsterdam's Schiphol Scraps Flights as Storm Disrupts Public Transport
- » Number of Tourists From Greece Who Cisited Bulgaria is Over 1 million
- » First Flight of the Baku-Sofia Airplane is Already a Fact
- » Two-digit Price Jump in Hotels and Airline Tickets in December
- » Bulgarians can Travel Without Visas in 156 Countries