Number of Turkish Tourists to Bulgaria Rising
The number of visitors from Turkey has been growing since the beginning of the winter season, Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova estimated on Sunday.
Speaking on the final day of the traditional Rozhen folklore fair, she said 10% more tourists from Turkey had arrived to Bulgaria's Black Sea resorts this year compared to the same period of the previous one.
Winter visitors coming from Turkey had also increased in numbers and were up 15% during the last season, Angelkova has added.
The minister made clear her institution is closely following the developments in the neighboring country, working to analyze the situation which will "inevitably" have an impact on the tourist flow.
"We have taken absolutely all measures to secure the safety and comfort of tourists. Whoever heads to [Bulgaria] will be well received and attended and next year I hope we will be able to retain this interest in our country next year."
- » Over 11% Growth in International Tourism Revenues During the Winter in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Expects up to 10% more Tourists in the Summer
- » Staro Stefanovo - a Bulgarian Renaissance Fairy Tale near Lovech
- » Airlines Fear Wave of Compensation Claims After EU Court Ruling
- » Sunny Beach Topped a Global Ranking for Destinations that Offer Quality Bargain Vacation
- » Air France Cancels Flights Due to Another Strike Over Pay