Number of Turkish Tourists to Bulgaria Rising
The number of visitors from Turkey has been growing since the beginning of the winter season, Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova estimated on Sunday.
Speaking on the final day of the traditional Rozhen folklore fair, she said 10% more tourists from Turkey had arrived to Bulgaria's Black Sea resorts this year compared to the same period of the previous one.
Winter visitors coming from Turkey had also increased in numbers and were up 15% during the last season, Angelkova has added.
The minister made clear her institution is closely following the developments in the neighboring country, working to analyze the situation which will "inevitably" have an impact on the tourist flow.
"We have taken absolutely all measures to secure the safety and comfort of tourists. Whoever heads to [Bulgaria] will be well received and attended and next year I hope we will be able to retain this interest in our country next year."
- » Wizz Air Orders 146 New Planes worth $17.2bn And Announces New Routes From Sofia
- » Minister Angelkova: We have Always Supported the Construction of a 2nd Lift in Bansko
- » Violations in Bulgarian Winter Resorts Decreased
- » Bulgaria and Russia will Offer Joint Cruises in the Black Sea
- » In September 2017, 72.7% of All Nights Spent by Foreign Citizens Were Realized in 4 and 5 Star Hotels
- » Protesters Want a Second Lift in Bansko Winter Resort