Bulgaria Police Find 30 Migrants in Freight Truck
As many as 30 people who irregularly crossed into Bulgaria have been found in a freight truck in the northwestern town of Vidin, police say.
Twenty-nine have no identity documents, but a police check points to Syria and Iraq as their countries of origin. Sixteen are aged under 18, according to authorities in Vidin.
Two Bulgarian nationals and an Afghan man with a pending asylum request, who were in the front of the truck, have been taken into custody over their alleged involvement in people smuggling.
- » 23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
- » Bulgarian Student Found Dead in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Super Modern Greenhouse for Growing Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Man Grievously Injured After He Was Hit by Car in Birkirkara
- » 4 Syrians Face Terrorism Charges in Germany
- » Arrests in Sofia Over Sale of Driver's Licenses