Bulgaria Police Find 30 Migrants in Freight Truck
As many as 30 people who irregularly crossed into Bulgaria have been found in a freight truck in the northwestern town of Vidin, police say.
Twenty-nine have no identity documents, but a police check points to Syria and Iraq as their countries of origin. Sixteen are aged under 18, according to authorities in Vidin.
Two Bulgarian nationals and an Afghan man with a pending asylum request, who were in the front of the truck, have been taken into custody over their alleged involvement in people smuggling.
- » Record Amount of Heroin Seized at Bulgarian-Romanian Border
- » The Man Injured During the Incident in Sofia’s Vitosha District Has His Life in Danger
- » 57-year-old Man Detained For the Murder of Two People in Sofia’s Vitosha District
- » Two Turkish Citizens Arrested for Drug Distribution in Special Police Raid
- » The Virus WannaCry Affected Computers In Sofia and Varna
- » Two Professors at University of Food Technologies Arrested For Racketeering