Bulgaria Police Find 30 Migrants in Freight Truck
As many as 30 people who irregularly crossed into Bulgaria have been found in a freight truck in the northwestern town of Vidin, police say.
Twenty-nine have no identity documents, but a police check points to Syria and Iraq as their countries of origin. Sixteen are aged under 18, according to authorities in Vidin.
Two Bulgarian nationals and an Afghan man with a pending asylum request, who were in the front of the truck, have been taken into custody over their alleged involvement in people smuggling.
- » Arrested Suspect for the Attacks in Munich Earlier Today
- » Man goes to Court in Sofia for Trying to Sell Protected Specie Turtle
- » A Dog Trader Grows Nearly 300 Animals in an Illegal Kennel
- » The Authorities Seized a Painting by Salvador Dali from Art Smugglers
- » Between 10-15% of Young People in Bulgaria Fall Victims to Human Trafficking
- » Thousands of Textile Products with the Logo of Famous Brands were Detained аt Kapitan Andreevo