Bulgarian Police Detain 22 Afghan Migrants near Border with Greece
Police have detained 22 irregular migrants from Afghanistan in a van following a pursuit near Zlatograd crossing on Bulgaria’s border with Greece, public broadcaster BNR reported on Tuesday.
The driver has also been arrested.
The migrants – five men, five women and 12 children - were discovered in the back of the van after police made the vehicle pull over.
Police have launched a criminal investigation.
- » Record Amount of Heroin Seized at Bulgarian-Romanian Border
- » The Man Injured During the Incident in Sofia’s Vitosha District Has His Life in Danger
- » 57-year-old Man Detained For the Murder of Two People in Sofia’s Vitosha District
- » Two Turkish Citizens Arrested for Drug Distribution in Special Police Raid
- » The Virus WannaCry Affected Computers In Sofia and Varna
- » Two Professors at University of Food Technologies Arrested For Racketeering