Police Detain 44 Irregular Migrants Near Bulgaria's Haskovo
As many as 44 irregular migrants have been arrested near the village of Bregovo, Southern Bulgaria, police in the main regional city, Haskovo, have said.
The men are reportedly from Afghanistan. During their daily patrol on Saturday, police officers spotted two people whom they tracked down to find the 44 men, aged 18-25, in a nearby forest.
The migrants, who do not have proper documents, claim they are from Afghanistan.
Afghans have made up most of the migrant inflow into Bulgaria of the past years, after a wave of Syrians in 2013.
Most Syrians are thought to avoid Bulgaria due to reports of aggressive behavior from border police.
- » Armed Men Robbed a Casino
- » Dervish Drove a Van into a Group of Policemen in Tehran, Killing Three
- » Thief has Returned a Cello Worth 1.3 Million Euros
- » Three Suicide Bombers took 18 Lives in Nigeria
- » Five Police Cars Chased a Bulgarian Woman Driving 200 km / h. in Italy
- » Bulgarian Couple 'Executed' in Southern Suburbs Home in Cape Town
Hopefully they reach Germany and Sweden and receive the social money for which they are entitled. And until Germany and Sweden do not take the adequate measures our efforts to stop the flow are in vein. But these people are misguided... they have to pass through Romania, which is the motherland of Dracula.